Llanlleonfel, a hamlet and a parish in Brecknockshire. The hamlet lies on the rivers Irvon and Dulas, half a mile W of Garth station on the L. & N.W.R. and 6½ miles W by S of Builth. The parish contains also the hamlet of Gwarafog, and it is traversed by the Sam Helen Way, sometimes called Lleon, and seemingly the origin of part of the parish's name. Post town, Builth (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1508; population of the civil parish, 121; of the ecclesiastical, 140. Garth was the seat of the Gwynne family and now belongs to the Maitlands. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £50. The church contains some mural monuments of the Gwynnes, and was rebuilt in 1875.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: