Llanddewi Abergwessin, Breconshire
Llanddewi Abergwessin, a parish in Brecknockshire, at the influx of the river Gwessin to the Yrfon, 5 miles N of Llanwrtyd, and 14 W by N of Builth. Post town, Garth (R.S.O.) Acreage, 10,536; population, 83. The surface is mostly mountainous, wild, and waste. The living is aperpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanfihangel Abergwessin, in the diocese of St David's. The church is in ruins, and the inhabitants attend the modern church at Llanfihangel Abergwessin.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: