Glyn Collwng, Breconshire
Glyn-Collwng, a hamlet chapelry and a glen in the S of Breconshire. The hamlet lies in the Glen— near Torpantau station on the Brecon and Merthyr railway, 8 miles NNE of Merthyr-Tydfil, and is in the parish of Llanvigan. Post town, Merthyr-TydfiL The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanvigan, in the diocese of St Davids. The glen is overhung by the Brecknock Beacons, is about 6 miles long, and possesses grand scenery.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: