Gilwem, a village in Llanelly parish, Breconshire, 4 miles ENE of Brynmawr, and 4 WSW of Abergavenny. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R.½ and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Abergavenny. There are Congregational, Baptist, Wesleyan, and Primitive Methodi&t chapels
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: