Stuntney, a chapelry in Ely Trinity parish, Cambridgeshire, 1½ mile SE of Ely station on the Cambridge, Ely, and Kings Lynn section of the G.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ely. Population, 294. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; gross value, £208. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is a building of flint and brick in the Norman style, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and an embattled western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Holy Trinity Ely|
|Poor Law union||Ely|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stuntney from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stuntney)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stuntney are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.