Silverley, a hamlet in Ashley parish, Cambridgeshire, 4½ miles ESE of Newmarket. It was once a parish, and it still ranks as a vicarage, annexed to Ashley.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Silverley All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Newmarket|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
The church of All Saints, Silverley, about 1 mile distant from Ashley, is in ruins, the tower only remaining.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Silverley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Silverley (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.