Murrow, a hamlet in Leverington parish, Cambridgeshire, 7 miles WSW of Wisbeach. It has a station on the Great Northern and Great Eastern Joint railway, and one on the M.R. A chapel was founded here in the reign of Richard II., but has long since disappeared. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Murrow are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.