Lode, a hamlet in Bottisham parish, Cambridgeshire, 6¼ miles ENE of Cambridge. An abbey, called the Priory of Anglesey, was founded here by Henry I., and some remains of it still exist.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Newmarket|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lode from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lode are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.