Coates and Eastrea, Cambridgeshire
Coates and Eastrea, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1850 from the civil parish of Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire, 1½ mile from Whittlesey station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Peterborough; money order and telegraph office, Whittlesea. Population, 1321. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net yearly value, £145 with residence. Patrons, the Lord Chancellor and Trustees alternately. The church is a building of brick, which was erected in 1840. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and a public hall which was erected by public subscription in 1890.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.