Chettisham or Chittisham, an ecclesiastical parish in Ely-St Mary parish, Cambridgeshire, on the Ely and Peterborough branch of the G.E.R., and 2¼ miles N of Ely. It has a station on the railway. Post town and telegraph office, Ely. Population, 147. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net yearly value, £120. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church, an ancient building of rubble in the Early English style, was restored in 1889.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Ely|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chettisham from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Chettisham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.