Tickford Abbey, Buckinghamshire
Tickford Abbey, a seat in Newport Pagnell parish, Bucks, situated on the bank of Onse, in a well-timbered park, 1 mile SE of Newport Pagnell. A Cluniac monastery, a cell to a French abbey, was founded here in the time of William Rufus, by Fulk Paganell, and was given by Henry VIII. to Cardinal Wolsey.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Tickford Abbey are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online: