Notley Abbey, Buckinghamshire
Notley Abbey, a farm in Long Crendon parish, Bucks, 2 miles NNE of Thame. An Augustinian canonry was founded here in 1162 by William Gifford, Earl of Buckingham, and the remains of it, including some fine pointed windows and a corner-turret, are now incorporated with a very picturesque farmhouse.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Notley Abbey are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online: