Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire
Iver Heath, an ecclesiastical parish formed in .1862, in Iver parish. Bucks, 2½ miles WSW from Uxbridge town and railway station. It has a post office under Uxbridge; money order and telegraph office, Iver. Population, 742. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford; net value, £120 with residence. The church was built in 1862 at a cost of £2400, and is in the Decorated English style.
The parish register dates from the year 1862.
Church of England
St. Margaret (parish church)
The parish church of St. Margaret is a structure of brick, faced with flint, in the Early Decorated style, and consists of chancel and nave, with a low embattled tower on the south side containing a clock and 2 bells: there are ten stained windows: the chancel floor has been relaid, and a new table and marble steps provided at the cost of Mrs. Summers and her sister, Miss Whip, choir stalls at the cost of Mrs. Drury Lavin and an organ presented by Mrs. Edward Tompson. The church affords 300 sittings.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Iver Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online