Hogshaw with Fulbrook, Buckinghamshire
Hogshaw-with-Fulbrook, a parish in Buckinghamshire,. 3½ miles SSW from Winslow, which is the nearest railway station (L. & N.W.R.) Post town and money order and telegraph office, Winslow. Acreage, 1322; population, 78. The manor belongs to the Duke of Leeds. A preceptory of the Knights of St John was here. There is no church.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Hogshaw St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Winslow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hogshaw with Fulbrook from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Hogshaw (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hogshaw with Fulbrook are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
Villages, Hamlets, &cFulbrook
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online