UK Genealogy Archives logo

Harleyford, Buckinghamshire

Historical Description

Harleyford, the seat of the Clayton family, in Bucks, on the Thames, 2 miles SW of Great Marlow. It was built in 1715, after designs by Sir Robert Taylor, is beautifully situated, and contains some fine pictures.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Harleyford are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online: