Chalvey, a chapelry in Upton parish, Bucks, adjacent to the G.W.R., 1 mile W of Slough, which is the post town. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Upton, in the diocese of Oxford. The church was built in 1861, and is in the Early Decorated English style, with some peculiarities of design.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Eton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chalvey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Chalvey)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online