Bulstrode Park, Buckinghamshire
Bulstrode Park, a fine country seat, 2½ miles ESE of Beaconsfield, in Bucks. It belonged anciently to the Bulstrodes, passed to the Jeffreyses, was sold about the end of the 17th century to the Earl of Portland, and resold in 1807 to the Duke of Somerset. A mansion was built on it by Judge Jeffreys, and is described in Mrs Montagu's letters. The present mansion was rebuilt in 1870 by Sir John Ramsden, Bart. A circular entrenchment, enclosing 21 acres, is in the park.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bulstrode Park are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online: