Woodlands St Mary, Berkshire
Woodlands St Mary, an ecclesiastical parish, in Lambourn civil parish, Berkshire, 5 miles NNW of Hungerford station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1838, and it has a post office under Hungerford; money order and telegraph office, Lambourn. Population, 390. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford; gross value, £225. The church, built in 1842, is in the Decorated style.
The register dates from the year 1842.
Church of England
St. Mary (parish church)
The church of St. Mary is an edifice of flint and stone in the Early Decorated style, erected, together with a parsonage house and schoolroom in 1852, and endowed by the munificence of the Misses Seymour: the church consists of chancel, nave and north aisle and a turret at the north western angle containing one bell: there are 200 sittings.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Woodlands St Mary are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.