Upper Culham, Berkshire
Culham, Upper, a place on the N border of Berks, in the parish of Wargrave, 2 miles ESE of Henley-on-Thames. Culham Court here is a mansion of red brick, very pleasantly situated in a well wooded park, and is the seat of the Diggle family.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Upper Culham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.