Touchen End, Berkshire
Touchen End, a hamlet and a chapelry in Bray parish, Berks, 3½ miles SSW of Maidenhead station on the G.W.R. It has a post office under Maidenhead; money order and telegraph office, Holyport. The chapel of ease is attached to the parish of St Michael's, Bray. The church was built in 1862, and is a small building of red brick.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Touchen End are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.