Seacourt, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish, in Abingdon union, Berks, 1½ mile NW from Oxford. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Oxford. Acreage, 814; population, 23. The manor and most of the land belong to the Earl of Abingdon. There is no church, and the parish is united with Cumnor for ecclesiastical purposes.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Abingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Seacourt was in Abingdon Registration District from 1837 to 1900
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Seacourt from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.