Knighton, a hamlet in Compton Beauchamp parish, Berks, on the Port Way, 7¼ miles W of Wantage.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Compton Beauchamp|
|Poor Law union||Farringdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Knighton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Knighton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.