UK Genealogy Archives logo

Holyport, Berkshire

Historical Description

Holyport, a village in Bray parish, Berks, 2½ miles SW from Maidenhead. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Maidenhead, and a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Holyport are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.

CountyWindsor and Maidenhead
RegionSouth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtSL6
Post TownMaidenhead