East Ginge, Berkshire
Ginge, East, a tithing in West Hendred parish, Berks, 3¼ miles ESE of Wantage.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Wantage|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Ginge from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ginge, East and West)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of East Ginge are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.