Cranbourne St Peter, Berkshire
Cranbourne St Peter, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1851 out of Winkfield, Old Windsor, and Sunninghill parishes, Berks, adjacent to Windsor Park, 2½ miles N by W of Ascot station on the L. & S.W.R., and 4½ SW by S of Windsor. Post town, Windsor; money order and telegraph office, Winkfield. Population, 1142. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford; gross yearly value, £209 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church is a building of flint in the Decorated style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The register dates from the year 1850.
Church of England
St. Peter (parish church)
The church of St. Peter is a building of flint stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, south transept, south porch and a western turret containing one bell; there are several stained windows: the church affords 400 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cranbourne St Peter from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Cranbourne St Peter are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.