Calcott Park, Berkshire
Calcott Park, a seat of the Blagrave family, in Berks, 3 miles WSW of Reading. It once belonged to John Kendrick, who bequeathed £7500 to build the Oracle at Reading, and was the scene of the romantic marriage of his descendant, the " Berkshire lady" to Benjamin Child.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Calcott Park are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online: