Wrest Park, Bedfordshire
Wrest Park, a seat of Earl Cowper in Silsoe parish, Beds, 4 miles SW of Shefford. The mansion was built by the late Earl de Grey, and is in the Italian style. The house is surrounded by pleasure grounds of 100 acres, and a deer park of 500 acres.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Wrest Park are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online: