Maiden Bower, Bedfordshire
Maiden Bower, an ancient British camp in Dunstable parish, Bedfordshire, 1 mile WNW of Dnnstable. It occupies an area of 9 acres, and has a bank ranging from 8 to 14 feet high.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Maiden Bower are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online: