Houghton Gildable, All Saints, Bedfordshire
Houghton Gildable, All Saints, a quondam ecclesiastical parish in Beds, incorporated in 1637 with Houghton Conquest. It still ranks as a rectory, annexed to that of Houghton Conquest.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Houghton Gildable, All Saints are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online:
- Bedfordshire Times and Independent
- Biggleswade Chronicle
- Luton Times and Advertiser
- Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
A full transcript of the Visitations of Bedfordshire 1566, 1582, and 1634 is available online.