UK Genealogy Archives logo

Grovebury, Bedfordshire

Historical Description

Grovebury, a manor in Leighton Buzzard parish, Beds. It was given by Henry II. to the nuns of Fontevralt in Normandy, became the site of an alien convent, and passed to the dean and canons of Windsor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online: