Girtford, a hamlet in Sandy parish, Beds, on the river Ivel, 4¼ miles NW of Biggleswade. It has a church mission-room and a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Girtford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Gritford, or Girtford)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Girtford are available from a number of sites: