Biscott, a separate ecclesiastical district in Luton parish, Beds, 3 miles NW of Luton. It was formed in 1866 from the hamlets of Limbury-cum-Biscott and Seagrave. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 1004. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net yearly value, £122 with residence.
The Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service (BLARS) hold the registers for Biscot: Baptisms 1866-1962, Marriages 1868-1991, Burials 1870-1973, Banns 1894-1933
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Biscot are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online:
- Bedfordshire Times and Independent
- Biggleswade Chronicle
- Luton Times and Advertiser
- Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
A full transcript of the Visitations of Bedfordshire 1566, 1582, and 1634 is available online.