Red Wharf, Anglesey
Red Wharf, a bay in the NE of Anglesey, indenting the coast to a point 5½ miles NW of Beaumaris, and 7½ WSW of Puffin Island. It is known to the Welsh as Traeth Coch. It measures about 5 miles across the entrance, and 3 thence to the head, and it has a depth of about 5 fathoms and a sandy shore.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Red Wharf are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: