Lynas Point, Anglesey
Lynas Point, a small headland in Llanelian parish, Anglesey, 2¼ miles E of Amlwch. A lighthouse is here, was erected in 1835 and altered in 1879, shows an occulating light, darkening for two seconds at every ten seconds, 128 feet high, visible at a distance of 10 miles. A semaphore-telegraph tower was formerly here, 571 feet high, forming a link in the chain of communication between Holyhead and Liverpool. Inward-bound ships for Liverpool call at a contiguous cove to take in pilots.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: