Dulas, a hamlet in Llanwenllwyfo parish, Anglesey, on the estuary of the river Dulas, 4¼ miles SSE of Amlwch. It has a post office under Amlwch (R.S.O); money order office, Amlwch; telegraph office, Moelfre. It has a small, shallow, dangerous harbour. The rocky islet or reef of Ynys-Gadarn lies off the estuary, 2½ miles NE of the hamlet.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Dulas are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: