Cemmaes, a village in Llanbadrig parish, Anglesey, on Cemmaes Bay, 4¼ miles W of Amlwch, under which it has a post, money order, and telegraph office. A creek is here, with a small pier. A small church was built in 1865. There are Baptist, Congregational, and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Cemaes are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: