Bodorgan, a village in Llangadwaladr parish, Anglesey, 12 miles SE by E of Holy head. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office. (R.S.O.) Bodorgan Hall, the seat of the Meyrick family, 2½ miles SSW of the station, is the chief residence.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Bodorgan are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: