Bethel, a village in Trefdraeth parish, Anglesey, 5¼ miles W of Llangefni, and ½ a mile from Bodorgan station on the L. & N.W.R. It has a post office under the name of Bodorgan (B.S.O.) There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Bethel are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: