Baron Hill, Anglesey
Baron-Hill, the seat of the Bulkeley family, in Anglesey, 1 mile N of Beaumaris. The mansion comprises part of a structure of 1618 by Sir Richard Bulkeley, but consists chiefly of a fine edifice, built by Lord Bulkeley, after designs by Mr S Wyatt. It is situated on a well-wooded hill, and is surrounded by beautiful grounds and a park. A short distance from the house, under a monumental recess, is the stone coffin of Joan, daughter of King John of England and wife of Llewellyn the Great, Prince of North Wales, originally placed in the neighbouring priory of Llanfaes, and brought hither in 1808 by Lord Bulkeley.
Online maps of Baron Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: