Pilleth, a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Lugg, 3 miles SW by S of Knighton. Post town, Knighton. Acreage, 1887; population, 77. Mortimer was taken here by Owen Glendower. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of .St David's; gross value, £48. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is ancient, and was partially restored in 1873. It contains monuments of the Pryse family.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Presteigne||1837 - 1877|
|Registration district||Knighton||1877 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire East||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: