Newchurch, a village and a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Arrow, 4 miles NW of Whitny-on-the Wye station on the M.R., 7 N of Hay, and 8 SW of Kington. There is a post office under Hay (R.S.O.); money order office, Clyro; telegraph office, Hay. The parish comprises 1838 acres; population, 102. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £170 with residence. Patrons, tho Vicars Choral of St David's Cathedral. The church was erected in 1858. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Presteigne||1837 - 1870|
|Registration district||Kington||1870 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: