Nantmel, a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Dulas, under Camllo Hill, 4½ miles ESE of Rhayader. It contains the townships of Gwastedin, Maescelyn, Coedglasson, and Vainor, and has a post office under Rhayader; money order and telegraph office, Bhayader. Acreage, 16,934; population of the civil parish, 1040; of the ecclesiastical, 976. Llwyn Gwyn is a lake about a mile in circumference, and was formerly a resort of pilgrims. There are two ancient camps. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £384 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is ancient. There are Baptist, Congregational, and Calvinistic Methodist chapels, and a workhouse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Rhayader||1837 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: