Llowes, a village and a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Wye, at the boundary with Brecknockshire, 2½ miles SW by W of Hay, with a post office under Hay (R.S.O.); money order office, Clyro; telegraph office, Hay. The parish comprises 3426 acres; population, 267. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £220. Patron, the Archdeacon of Brecon. The church is good. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Hay||1837 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: