Llanyre, a village and a parish in Radnorshire. The village stands on the Roman road from Caerfagu to Builth, between the rivers Ithon and "Wye, 2 miles KW of Llandrin-dod Wells. It has a post office under Llandrindod Wells (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Llandrindod Wells. The parish includes Kewbridge-on-Wye. Acreage, 5915; population, 683. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llanfihangel Helygen, in the diocese of St David's. The church has been rebuilt. There is another church and Baptist and Wesleyan chapels at Xewbridge.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Rhayader||1837 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: