Llanstephan, a parish in Radnorshire, on the rivers Bachwy and Wye, at the boundary with Brecknockshire, 1½ mile NW of Boughrood station on the Cambrian railway, and 9 miles SE of Builth. Post town, Llyswen (R.S.O.) Acreage, 2334; population of the civil parish, 151; of the ecclesiastical, 354. The living is a vicarage, united to that of Llandeilo Graban, in the diocese of St David's; joint net value, £305. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is ancient.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Hay||1837 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: