UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llansantffraid Cwmdeuddwr, Radnorshire

Historical Description

Llansantffraid Cwmdeuddwr, a village and a parish in Radnorshire, on the rivers Wye and Elan, adjacent to Rhayader. Post town, Rhayader. The parish comprises 31,945 acres of land and 227 of water; population, 713. The living is a vicarage, united with Nantgwyllt, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £193. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was erected in 1865.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: