Llanfihangel y Beguildy, Radnorshire
Llanfihangel-y-Beguildy or Beguildy, a village and a parish in Radnorshire. The village, called Beguildy, lies on the river Teme, 8 miles NW of Knighton. The parish. called Llanfihangel-y-Beguildy, consists of the townships of Church, Pennant, Craig-y-byther, and Medwalleth. Acreage, 16,737; population, 907. Post town, Knighton. The surface is hilly, and there are extensive sheep walks and moorlands on the hill tops. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £400 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church of St Michael is about 700 years old and is in ruins. St Peter's is also ancient, but the chancel has been rebuilt at a cost of £500. There are also Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: