Llanfihangel Nant Melan, Radnorshire
Llanfihangel-Nant-Melan or Llanvihaugel Mant-mellan, a township and a parish in Radnorshire. The township lies 3 miles SW of New Radnor. Acreage, 8644; population, 145. The parish includes the township of Tre-wern and Gwythla. Post town, New Radnor, under Kington; telegraph office, Kington. Acreage, 11,040; population, 253. A waterfall, called Water Break-its-Neck, makes a leap of 70 feet. There is an ancient British camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £161. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The churcli was rebuilt in the Norman style, stands on a hill-slope, and is surrounded by old yew trees.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Presteigne||1837 - 1870|
|Registration district||Kington||1870 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire East||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: