Llanelwedd, a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Wye, at the boundary with Breconshire, half a mile NE of Builth. Post town, Builth (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1992; population of the civil parish, 298; of the ecclesiastical, 119. Llanelwedd Hall was an old seat of the Gwynnes. Wellfield is a seat of the Thomas family, has a beautifully wooded park on high ground above the Wye, and commands a fine view. Pencerrig House or Pen-y-Cerrig is another seat of the Thomas family, and has a fine lake in its grounds. There are remains of ancient camps. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £89 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Matthew, and is beautifully situated on the Wye.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: