Llandegley, a parish in Radnorshire, on an affluent of the river Ithon, adjacent to Radnor Forest, 1½ mile SE of Peny-bont, and 7 miles WNW of New Radnor. Post town, Peny-bont (R.S.O.) Acreage, 5240; population, 356. There are-mineral springs, one sulphurous and the other chalybeate. A remarkable range of rocks, rich in quartz crystals, is near the churchyard. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £225. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is ancient, with a low Norman tower, and was restored in 1876. There is a meeting-house for the Society of Friends.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Presteigne||1837 - 1870|
|Registration district||Kington||1870 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire West||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: